Two students remanded in prison custody for the murder of BSU student

Forum 1 year ago

Two students remanded in prison custody for the murder of BSU student

Two undergraduate students have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of 25-year-old Erkaa Naomi Dooshima, the 300-level Benue State University student that was found dead at a dumpsite in February 2023. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e48184888be9c1bf59bddfdfee8d3156.jpg

The suspects identified as Ugosor Japhet and Gwebe Ageba, were remanded by a Makurdi Magistrate’s Court, on Monday, March 13, 2023, over alleged culpable homicide and armed robbery.

During investigations, it was revealed that the student was killed after she paid Ugosor Japhet, a real estate agent, the sum of N150,000 as an advance payment to help her get an apartment. Japhet, upon receiving the money, connived with Gwebe Ageba and lured the victim to his house under the pretense of giving her the keys to the apartment.

When the deceased got to Japhet’s house, she was attacked with a cutlass which inflicted deep cuts on her hands, neck, and head, leading her to bleed to death. The suspects were said to have proceeded to rob her of her phones and other valuables in her possession. Upon their arrest, the suspects confessed to committing the crime.

The presiding judge, Mrs. Erdoo Ter, ordered that the suspects be remanded in the Makurdi Correctional Centre, while investigations into their offenses continued. The case was adjourned till April 12, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike

Three Abducted UNICAL Students Regain Freedom
Forum | 3 days ago

Three Abducted UNICAL Students Regain Freedom

Two Kidnapped Taraba University Students Regain Freedom After Ransom Payment
Forum | 5 days ago

Two Kidnapped Taraba University Students Regain Freedom After Ransom Payment

I Hate Bullies - Actor, Denola Grey Reacts To Bobrisky’s Prison Sentence
Forum | 5 days ago

I Hate Bullies - Actor, Denola Grey Reacts To Bobrisky’s Prison Sentence