Barcelona suffer Pedri injury scare in Man Utd clash

Forum 1 year ago

Barcelona suffer Pedri injury scare in Man Utd clash

Barcelona midfielder Pedri was forced off with a suspected knee injury during their Europa League knockout playoff clash with Manchester United on Thursday night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/de6ce3e4e17f7e192b1ad0714354b806.jpg

The young Spain international is one of Barça's most important players, leading their La Liga title charge where they currently sit eight points clear of champions Real Madrid.

The Catalans were dumped out of the Champions League at the group stage and dropped down into the Europa League, where a tie with Man Utd was set up.

However, with the first leg approaching half time with the game still goalless, Pedri was left slouched on the Camp Nou turf holding his knee and receiving treatment before being replaced by the versatile Sergi Roberto.

The first half between two of Europe's in form sides finished goalless, though hardly through lack of effort from either side.

Tyrell Malacia saw an early shot blocked by Jordi Alba before a lovely move from the home side resulted in Robert Lewandowski testing David de Gea at the near post.

Lewandowski then sent a snap volley over the top before Jadon Sancho had an effort deflected just wide of the far post. Marc-Andre ter Stegen also made crucial saves to deny both Wout Weghorst and Marcus Rashford.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd