Breakings: Judge Restrains Oba’s Appointee.

Forum 1 year ago

Breakings: Judge Restrains Oba’s Appointee.

Hon. D.I. Okungbowo sitting at court 2 of the High Court of Edo state, today being the 10th of February, 2023 Restrained Uwadiae Ohonbamumwen (RTD) recently appointed by the Oba of Benin for presenting Himself for installation or exercising the functions of that office as the Odionwere of Egbaen.

However, this was further to the application for an interim order of injunction filed by Dr. John Osa-Uyi Odiase in a suit in which the retired Captain Uwadiae is the defendant. In the Affidavit of urgency in support of the application Dr. John Osa-Uyi Odiase, who informed the Court that Captain Uwadiae Ohonbamumwen (RTD) is his junior and that both of them belong to Odiase Ogbebor family of Egbaen.

Therefore Dr. John Osa-Uyi Odiase, has been the undisputed Okaegbe of the family for the past 11 years that Captain Uwadiae Ohonbamumwen (RTD) which mis interpreted himself as the most senior elder in Egbaen Community, and entitled to be installed as the Odionwere, claiming that he has been denied of his right on account of vindictiveness and part of the Enogie Community for the past 5 years.

Furthermore, Dr. John Osa-Uyi Odiase, said that Captain Uwadiae Ohonbamumwen (RTD) knows that arrangements are being made to have him (Dr. John Osa-Uyi Odiase) to be installed as the rightful person for the position of the Odionwere of the Community as the Oldest Man in Egbaen .

Dr. John, in his affidavit of Urgency requested that Court should restrain the defendant who has made plans for his own ( Captain Uwadiae ‘s ) installation on Sunday, 12th February 2023 ; that it is only the injunction that will save him the serious, Psychology distress and Emotional Trauma that will before him, if his Junior cousin is elevated to a position that I’d rightfully his.

Moreover, in granting the request of the applicant Hon. I. Okungbowo found merit in the application and held that the Status should be maintained and specifically directed Captain Uwadiae Ohonbamumwen (RTD) not to present himself for the installation, or exercise the function of that office, pending the determination of the motion on a notice fixed by the judge for Monday 20th February, 2023.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BREAKING: Another Judge Halts Ganduje’s Suspension From APC
Forum | 2 weeks ago

BREAKING: Another Judge Halts Ganduje’s Suspension From APC

Obasanjo Commends Alex Otti For Law Revoking Former Abia Govs, Deputies’ Pensions
Forum | 1 month ago

Obasanjo Commends Alex Otti For Law Revoking Former Abia Govs, Deputies’ Pensions

Nigerian Government Lists Parameters To Judge Tinubu’s Administration
Forum | 1 month ago

Nigerian Government Lists Parameters To Judge Tinubu’s Administration

Hardship: Unacceptable to Judge Me in Nine Months – Tinubu to Labour Unions
Forum | 2 months ago

Hardship: Unacceptable to Judge Me in Nine Months – Tinubu to Labour Unions