Hardship: Unacceptable to Judge Me in Nine Months – Tinubu to Labour Unions

Forum 1 month ago

Hardship: Unacceptable to Judge Me in Nine Months – Tinubu to Labour Unions

President Bola Tinubu has said that his administration cannot be judged after just nine months in charge.

Speaking on Thursday, Tinubu insisted that it is unacceptable for Labour Unions to call for a strike within the first nine months of his administration.

Tinubu, who spoke at the Lagos Red Line launching, emphasized that the Organised Labour does not represent the sole opinions of the Nigerian people.

According to him if Labour Unions want to participate in the election, it should wait till 2027.

“Allow me to throw a jab here, the Labour Unions should understand that no matter how much we cling to our freedom and rights, we cannot form a strike within nine months of an administration, it is unacceptable,” Tinubu said.

“If you want to participate in the electoral process, wait until 2027 if not maintain peace. They are not the only voice of Nigeria.”

The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and the Trade Union Congress had, on February 8, issued a 14-day nationwide strike notice to the Federal Government of Nigeria over the failure to implement the agreements reached on October 2 following the removal of fuel subsidy.

However, as Nigerians continued to deal with economic hardship, the union decided to embark on a two-day nationwide protest to press home their demands.

Despite a security advisory by the Department of State Services, DSS, the union kick-started the protest on Monday in many cities across Nigeria.

However, the National Executive Council of the NLC, suspended its nationwide protest for day two on Tuesday, after reviewing the initial day as highly impactful.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 2 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu