Man shows incredible transformation after shedding about 70KG in nine months by ditching carbonated drink addiction

Forum 1 year ago

Man shows incredible transformation after shedding about 70KG in nine months by ditching carbonated drink addiction

A man lost about 70 kg in just nine months after he ditched his carbonated drink addiction and learned to cook healthy meals by watching YouTube tutorials.

Taylor Robertson, 27, used to guzzle 12 cans of the fizzy drink everyday.

At his heaviest, he weighed 146 kg and was a waist size 46ins.

Prior to his weight loss, Taylor found himself drinking everyday, and always waking up with a hangover.

After his fiancée, Hayleigh Cass, 24, had to shake him to wake up when he stopped breathing in his sleep, Taylor got sober in October 2021 and began to lose a few pounds.

Wanting to "be a better person", Taylor decided to use his new-found spare time to focus on his health, and started eating one healthy meal a day instead of bingeing on fast food.

Now Taylor, who dropped to 78 kg, is running 5k races and hopes to complete an Ironman challenge this year.

Taylor, from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US, said: "I used to wake up hungover every day.

"I would talk to girls at a bar when I was drunk - I realised it was a detriment to my relationship.

"I thought - I'm going to lose my fiancée.

"I lost some weight after getting sober and had spare time that used to be spent drinking, and started researching weight loss and healthy eating on YouTube.

"I found a diet of one meal a day and decided to give it a go.

"Before I was drinking about 12 cans of Pepsi a day - using it as a chaser after an alcoholic drink."

When he joined the gym Taylor said the weight just "fell off" him, and he tried to be the best person he could be.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Ten Hag could leave Man Utd for Bayern Munich
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Ten Hag could leave Man Utd for Bayern Munich

EPL: SuperComputer predicts title winners after Arsenal, Man City victories
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: SuperComputer predicts title winners after Arsenal, Man City victories

EPL: Micah Richards mentions game where Man City could drop points
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Micah Richards mentions game where Man City could drop points