2023: Thisday Is Wrong; Northwest Not Battleground

Forum 1 year ago

2023: Thisday Is Wrong; Northwest Not Battleground

I just read the Thisday appraisal of the 2023 elections and their claim that Northwest is the battleground or would determine who becomes president and couldn’t help but shake my head at their clear mischief.

But I know what they are doing… they are trying to water down the effect of recent ANAP poll which projected an Obi victory as against the candidate of the owner Thisday/AriseTV Media Group which is Atiku Abubakar.

However, it is so appalling that a media platform like Thisday will deploy its platform to sell a clearly skewed narrative with no iota of reflection on the reality on ground.

For a better understanding of the reality of the 2023 elections, let’s do a very quick and brief appraisal of the different geopolitical zones in the country and how they are likely to vote to better understand why Northwest is not the battleground that Thisday claimed.

ANAP polls and other reputable polls, and reality on ground, has shown that Peter Obi is poised to sweep Southeast and Southsouth.

Now, because of Christian sentiments and the continued massacre of the people Middle Belt, these people are now understandably leaning towards an Obi candidacy which is why analysts have rightly predicted Obi to win the North Central.

Then add the votes Obi is clearly going to get from other Christian areas like Taraba, Adamawa, southern Bauchi, southern Borno and Southern Gombe in the Northeast; and southern Kaduna and southern Kebbi in the Northwest, with the votes he’s likely to get from all the states in Southwest, and you see clearly why Obi is poised to win the upcoming election at first ballot except you want to lie to yourself.

Because the truth is that whether by Obi’s making or by chance, 99% of Christians in Nigeria has taken the upcoming election very personal and are now sentimental about it.

Now, this is clearly in contrast to Tinubu who as of today is realistically only sure of votes from Southwest states and maybe Borno and Yobe in the Northeast, and Zamfara and Kaduna like Thisday rightly said.

Then there’s an Atiku who has realistically been restricted to some states in Northeast and some states in Northwest while he’s hoping to get some fraction of votes from some Southsouth states which is even looking bleak for him, because nobody talks about Atiku down South.

Kwankwaso is a Kano candidate so talking about him is an unnecessary waste of time.

So, with these things I’ve said here which are very practical and factual, tell me how the election is too close to call.

So, my conclusion is that Thisday is just being mischievous and running away from obvious truth and reality that is staring at them, like most Nigerians who are still stuck in the old ways of doing things but sooner or later, they will all come around and accept reality.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
El-Rufai, Marketers Subsidy Payment Claims Wrong – FG, NNPC
Forum | 1 week ago

El-Rufai, Marketers Subsidy Payment Claims Wrong – FG, NNPC

Wrong Timing – Senator Ndume Asks Nigerian Govt To Reverse Electricity Tariff Hike
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Wrong Timing – Senator Ndume Asks Nigerian Govt To Reverse Electricity Tariff Hike

It Is Wrong To Have A Best Friend Other Than Your Partner - Skit Maker, Diva Gold Says
Forum | 2 months ago

It Is Wrong To Have A Best Friend Other Than Your Partner - Skit Maker, Diva Gold Says

Nothing Wrong With Reserving Seats for Celebrities in a Church — Actress Adaeze Eluke (
Forum | 3 months ago

Nothing Wrong With Reserving Seats for Celebrities in a Church — Actress Adaeze Eluke (