Why Tinubu Will Get More Than 12 Million Votes In The North Alone

Forum 1 year ago

Why Tinubu Will Get More Than 12 Million Votes In The North Alone

Temidayo Akinsuyi

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that its presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu will get more than 12 million votes in the North alone during the 2023 presidential election.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Minister of State, Labour and Employment and Director, Public Affairs and Spokespersons, Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo (SAN) said Tinubu already inherited a substantial part of President Muhammadu Buhari structures which usually delivers 12 million votes for him in previous elections.

He said having worked for and delivered South-West votes to President Buhari in the 2015 and 2019 elections, Buhari’s supporters spread across the country are ready to payback Tinubu with their votes in the 2023 presidential election.

Keyamo added that aside Buhari’s 12 million votes and votes from APC members , Tinubu's Northern associates whom he has maintained friendship with over the years will also work for his victory in the elections .

"You know that President Buhari belongs to a political party called the APC. Now Buhari in all his journey from 2003 to 2019 when he won those 12 million votes back-to-back except the heavily rigged 2007 presidential election had his own structure called the Buhari Support Group or the Buhari Support Organization. This Support group is different from the party and they are all over the country, especially the North".

"Apart from Buhari’s personal integrity and acceptability, it was this structures that helped him to deliver those 12 million votes. Now, whether we like it or not, some substantial part of that structures who are in the APC have been inherited by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu".

"Mind you, it the structures of a political party that delivers votes because the local people are going to listen to their local representatives as to who to vote for".

"Don't forget that the South-West never voted for Buhari until 2015. Who did they listen to by voting for Buhari? They listened to Asiwaju. The Asiwaju Bola Tinubu structures that delivered the South-West votes to Buhari in 2015 is still intact. This is payback time. It is the same Buhari structures as a payback time that are working for Asiwaju".

"This is added to the fact that Asiwaju has his own personal friends in the North. So we are looking at something beyond the 12 million votes in the North and I'm saying this very seriously. I want to say that by the time the results come out, Nigerians will understand the science of politics and the science of election".

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 2 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 3 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima
Forum | 4 days ago

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima