World Cup: Lionel Messi And Louis Van Gaal Clash After Argentina’s Win Over Holland

Forum 1 year ago

World Cup: Lionel Messi And Louis Van Gaal Clash After Argentina’s Win Over Holland

Lionel Messi, the Argentina captain, has fallen out with Louis van Gaal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/79a2860f4f18f5eb2db3e95502ea9d48.jpeg

Messi had a heated confrontation with Louis van Gaal, the Netherlands boss, after qualifying for the semi-finals of the 2022 World Cup on Friday.

The South Americans beat the Netherlands in an extremely ill-tempered World Cup quarter-final which ended in a penalty shootout.

Holland came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with the last kick of normal time but eventually lost on penalties.

The match witnessed a record-breaking 17 yellow cards as both sides clashed numerous times.

Emotions continue to spill over even after the full-time, Holland Denzel Dumfries was even shown a second yellow and red for his antics.

Messi was heavily involved in the tension, clashing with Holland manager, Van Gaal on the touchline

The coaching staff, including Edgar Davids, had to separate the two.

It is not known exactly what was said, though it is believed that the 37-year-old attacked the Dutch boss over comments the manager made in the build-up to the game.

‘It’s not that difficult to come up with an answer as to how to stop him,’ Van Gaal had said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Demands Justice For 38-Year-Old Transporter Who Died During Clash Between NURTW, Land Grabber In Lagos

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 3 days ago

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries