Statue of Virgin Mary Weeps as Worshippers Flock to Church in Mexico to Witness Her Tears (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

Statue of Virgin Mary Weeps as Worshippers Flock to Church in Mexico to Witness Her Tears (Photo)

Many worshippers have rushed to a church in Mexico to witness the shocking incident of a 'weeping' Virgin Mary. The crowd went there to witness her shed tears to the amazement of faithfuls.

As a result, miracle investigators are now looking into the matter to ascertain what could have caused it. The plaster statue, which is nicknamed La Morenita or the brunette, started to cry when owner Guadalupe Hernandez had just finished her prayers.

According to Sun UK, church leaders are now investigating as to whether it can be determined a miracle.

Footage of the Virgin of Guadalupe, which is the name used for the Virgin Mary in Mexico, with tears streaming down her cheeks, has amazed worshippers who have flocked to Acapulco to see it.

Hernandez, who shares the same christian name as the revered mother of Christ said: "It was midday and I stood in front of her and I spoke to her.

"I finished my prayer and looked at La Morenita and I saw her crying." She added: "It is a gift from God, I do not know why and I do not know what is behind it, but, well, we will wait."

An astounded Hernandez said she first showed the statue's tears to her neighbour, Max: "I told him, Max, come in, watch the Virgin.

"Watch, I am not sure if it is wrong. I don't want people to misunderstand this."

However, local priest Father Juan Carlos Flores took the statue from the home, where pilgrims had started to visit to witness the 'miracle' for themselves.

He said La Morenita had been sent to Emiliano Zapata, a religious colony, where it would be investigated by senior priest Father Octavio Gutierrez Pantoja, to determine if the tears were real.

Father Octavio would neither confirm nor deny the miracle but asked believers to pray. The Virgin of Guadalupe basilica was established in a Mexico City suburb in the 1500's after Mary appeared to a peasant and asked him to build her a church.

It has since become the world's third most visited sacred site.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
New Heritage Baptist Church Scholarship Program
Forum | 1 day ago

New Heritage Baptist Church Scholarship Program

Congratulations pour in as Mary Njoku gains admission into Harvard University
Forum | 1 day ago

Congratulations pour in as Mary Njoku gains admission into Harvard University

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service
Forum | 1 week ago

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service