David De Gea explains reason behind Man Utd improvement

Forum 1 year ago

David De Gea explains reason behind Man Utd improvement

David de Gea has identified two key reasons that he says are responsible for Manchester United’s improvement this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/839313b367796912b188a2e06399eca8.jpg

The Red Devils have been stuck in an apparent decline for a few years now but they beat West Ham 1-0 on Sunday to exted their recent unbeaten run to eight matches.

De Gea was a key player in the win, but he believes that it is what the team is doing without the ball, not with it, that is providing the platform for progress under new boss Erik ten Hag.

"We are pressing well and recovering the ball well high up the pitch,” de Gea explained. “We conceded some chances at the end but West Ham are a great team. I'm really happy to be honest."

Despite the pressing, Man Utd needed two big saves from de Gea late on to secure the three points as he denied Kurt Zouma and Declan Rice.

"It's a great win for us. If we want to achieve and be in the top places we have to win games like this today," he said

"Of the two saves, probably the header from Zouma was the best because it was almost certainly going in but I am happy for all of them. Happy to make the saves and it's a massive win.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 2 days ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence

EPL: Man City maintain one-point gap at top with 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Man City maintain one-point gap at top with 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest

EPL: Roy Keane makes title prediction after Arsenal, Man City wins
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Roy Keane makes title prediction after Arsenal, Man City wins