Jurgen Klopp reveals reason behind Liverpool's recent improvement

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp reveals reason behind Liverpool's recent improvement

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has admitted that his side have stepped up their defending in recent weeks to try and get back to their best.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f9250dedc42c8ca0451259b7538dffae.jpg

The Reds, who have endured a tricky season from start to finish, have ended a three-game losing streak and are now on a run of four games without defeat, securing draws with Chelsea and Arsenal before going on to beat Leeds and Nottingham Forest.

After Saturday's hectic 3-2 triumph over the latter, Klopp insisted his side's rejuvenated approach to defending was behind the recent upturn in results.

"Things have changed," Klopp acknowledged. "How we defend is much better, ball-orientated and being compact.

"I saw a lot of top counter-pressing today. That, for us, is super important. We are much clearer in that department. It feels like it changed.

"If you are solid, aggressive and positive in your defending, you can build on that. For me, it is the first time this season we have that. Late, but hopefully not too late."

Klopp added: "The boys are not silly. They know we were not perfect but they are really happy because we got three super important points.

"I think things have changed but for consistency we have to keep going."

Liverpool are up to seventh in the Premier League, six points behind fourth-placed Newcastle having played one game more, with the Magpies set to play their game in hand on Sunday against fellow European hopefuls Tottenham.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Social Media Users Drag Layi Wasabi Over Recent Post About Bachelors Life
Forum | 6 hours ago

Social Media Users Drag Layi Wasabi Over Recent Post About Bachelors Life

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players

Davido Reacts After Nkechi Blessing Revealed Reason Behind His Beef With Wizkid
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reacts After Nkechi Blessing Revealed Reason Behind His Beef With Wizkid

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid