Peter Bosz under consideration for Wolves manager job

Forum 1 year ago

Peter Bosz under consideration for Wolves manager job

Wolverhampton Wanderers' search for their next head coach continues and they have now added Dutchman Peter Bosz to their list of options, sources have confirmed to 90min.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1f419ec463ff8cec062c621f448a0a75.jpg

The 58-year-old has a very impressive CV having been in charge of Ajax, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen and Lyon since 2017.

He only left his role with Lyon earlier this month, being replaced by Laurent Blanc, but 90min has been told that he has spoken to Wolves about replacing Bruno Lage - who was sacked earlier this month.

Former Sevilla coach Julen Lopetegui rejected the job, while the club have also held talks with former boss Nuno Espirito Santo. Nuno is keen to return but 90min has been told that getting him out of his deal with Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad is not straightforward.

Another new candidate who Wolves have looked at this week, and held talks with intermediaries, is Michael Beale. The Queens Park Rangers boss, who only took over in the summer after he left his role as Steven Gerrard's number two at Aston Villa, has impressed in the opening weeks of the Championship season.

Former Wolves defender Rob Edwards, sacked by Watford earlier this season, has also been spoken to - but 90min understands that the club would not look to offer him the top job but would like him to be a part of their next management team.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Alan Pardew advises Man Utd on manager to appoint as Ten Hag’s replacement
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Alan Pardew advises Man Utd on manager to appoint as Ten Hag’s replacement

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 1 week ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe