"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Thomas Tuchel 'devastated' by Chelsea exit

Forum 1 year ago

Thomas Tuchel 'devastated' by Chelsea exit

Thomas Tuchel has admitted his sacking at Chelsea has left him "devastated" and thanked the club's fans for their support during his tenure.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/41214331e700a202e12572cd1b026bf2.jpg

The German succeeded Frank Lampard and led the Blues to the Champions League title in 2021, later going on to win the Club World Cup.

However, a summer of heavy transfer investment did not yield positive returns on-field for Tuchel, who was given the boot by Chelsea's new owners after a 1-0 defeat to Dinamo Zagreb on the first matchday of the Champions League.

“This is one of the most difficult statements I have ever had to write – and it is one which I hoped I would not need to do for many years,” Tuchel wrote on social media.

“I am devastated that my time at Chelsea has come to an end. This is a club where I felt at home, both professionally and personally. Thank you so much to all the staff, the players and the supporters for making me feel very welcome from the start.

“The pride and joy I felt at helping the team to win the Champions League and the Club World Cup will stay with me forever. I am honoured to have been a part of this club’s history and whatever the future holds for me, the memories of the last 19 months will always have a special place in my heart.”

Chelsea moved quickly to secure Tuchel's replacement, poaching Graham Potter from Brighton on a five-year deal. His first game in charge will be at Stamford Bridge against Salzburg in the Champions League.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Two Chelsea players to be used in Osimhen’s deal revealed
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Two Chelsea players to be used in Osimhen’s deal revealed

Transfer: Tuchel tells Bayern Munich to sign Man Utd star this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Tuchel tells Bayern Munich to sign Man Utd star this summer

EPL: He has attributes – Clichy tips Chelsea star to become best player next season
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: He has attributes – Clichy tips Chelsea star to become best player next season

Tuchel could make shock u-turn about Bayern Munich future
Forum | 2 days ago

Tuchel could make shock u-turn about Bayern Munich future