Kai Havertz laments Chelsea firing Thomas Tuchel 'out of nowhere'

Forum 11 months ago

Kai Havertz laments Chelsea firing Thomas Tuchel 'out of nowhere'

Kai Havertz has lamented the Chelsea's decision to sack Thomas Tuchel, saying that the move made a 'big difference' to the Blues' season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2fbd01c152c88745cdb1dc5be0fc1118.jpg

Chelsea have, in short, endured an utterly disastrous 2022/23 campaign. Now on their third manager - caretaker boss Frank Lampard - after firing both Tuchel and his replacement Graham Potter, the Blues find themselves level on points with promoted side Bournemouth in 12th place having scored less goals than every team in the league bar the bottom three.

Speaking to Sky Germany, forward Havertz - who has scored just seven Premier League goals this season - has discussed what's gone wrong for Chelsea this season, alluding to the decision to fire Tuchel as the catalyst for what's been a horrid 2022/23.

"Everything that could go wrong went wrong for us this year. The season actually started relatively quietly even though we had a change of ownership, which was a big change for the whole club," he said.

"And then Thomas Tuchel was fired, which of course always makes a big difference in a team like this when you've been successful with a coach and then he gets fired out of nowhere. We got a lot of new players over the winter who first have to settle in with us in order to be able to show their quality.

"Of course it's easy to find excuses. I’m not blaming everything on something. At the end of the day, we’re all professional footballers and we have to win football games.

"Now we have our backs to the wall and aren't doing very well in the table. We just have to do as well as possible from the last six games."

Chelsea face off against Arsenal on Tuesday evening hoping to finally hit the 40 point mark for the 2022/23 season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Welfare Still A Mirage – Atiku Laments Ahead of May Day
Forum | 9 hours ago

Welfare Still A Mirage – Atiku Laments Ahead of May Day

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 14 hours ago

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley

UCL: He’ll score at Bernabéu – Tuchel warns Real Madrid about one Bayern player
Forum | 14 hours ago

UCL: He’ll score at Bernabéu – Tuchel warns Real Madrid about one Bayern player

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid