Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Leicester boss Rodgers happy for Eriksen after Brentford playing return

Forum 2 years ago

Leicester boss Rodgers happy for Eriksen after Brentford playing return

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers is delighted with Christian Eriksen's successful return to Brentford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f94f84531a811ac02a2e89aff4651757.jpeg

Seven months on from suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during a Euro 2020 match, Eriksen made a Premier League return in January by joining Brentford on a free transfer.

The 30-year-old has gone on to feature in the Bees' last three matches, playing the full duration of wins against Norwich and Burnley and providing an assist in the latter.

Leicester host Brentford on Sunday and Rodgers told Premier League Productions regarding Eriksen, who was recalled to Denmark's squad earlier this week: “I think there's just a real positive feeling that he's back on the field again.

“I'll never forget how I felt watching it. I was on holiday in Mallorca at the time. I just was in shock watching it, watching the scenes, like probably everyone was, and then you are just praying and hoping the outcome can be a positive one.

“I think seeing him back on the field again really typifies and is a great example of his strength and determination to come back and fight.

“There is absolutely no doubting his talent – I faced him enough times when he was at Tottenham to see the talent and the effect he can have on a game.

“There's nothing other than a real good feeling that Christian is back playing again.

“He is a big, big player. We saw that in the Premier League and when he went to Italy (with Inter Milan), and this unfortunate incident he's had has obviously curtailed that a little bit, but the clips I've seen of him from being at Brentford, he just has quality, and it will be great to see him at the weekend."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Leguizamo Turned Down Happy Feet Because He Was Sick of ‘Doing All These Ice Movies’
Forum | 2 days ago

John Leguizamo Turned Down Happy Feet Because He Was Sick of ‘Doing All These Ice Movies’

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

My Adventures With Superman Season 2 Video Teases Return of Adult Swim’s Animated Series
Forum | 4 days ago

My Adventures With Superman Season 2 Video Teases Return of Adult Swim’s Animated Series

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh
Forum | 5 days ago

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh