Most Ghanaian Gospel Songs Are Stupid – Highlife Singer, Ofori Amponsah

Forum 2 years ago

Most Ghanaian Gospel Songs Are Stupid – Highlife Singer, Ofori Amponsah

Controversial Ghanaian highlife singer, Ofori Amponsah has opined that some Ghanaian gospel songs are stupid.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/94b5af087be89eb90c22b509fb061ae1.jpeg

The former clergyman in interview aired on Onua TV, claimed that his secular songs inspire people more than some gospel songs in Ghana.

Ofori said;

“The first thing God created was love, so if I am not able to satisfy my lover musically, how can I satisfy God, whom I’ve never seen.

“If I sing sorrowful songs, what does the listener gain from them. Yesterday I was saying most of the gospel songs they do are stupid.

“A lot of the acclaimed gospel musicians lack the content when it comes to the word of God. Most of their songs are not gospel. They’re doing foolish songs“.

Ofori Amponsah also took a jab at some Ghanaian pastors, saying;

“I can confidently tell you I even preach better than a lot of the pastors in Ghana“. This wouldn’t be the first time the Highlife is talking about the word of God.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pastor Paul Enenche’s first Amapiano gospel song sparks mixed reactions
Forum | 1 week ago

Pastor Paul Enenche’s first Amapiano gospel song sparks mixed reactions

Lady goes gaga as Tunde Ednut posts video of her dog who loves gospel music
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Lady goes gaga as Tunde Ednut posts video of her dog who loves gospel music

UCL: I can’t get here and be stupid – Bellingham ahead of Real Madrid vs Dortmund
Forum | 1 month ago

UCL: I can’t get here and be stupid – Bellingham ahead of Real Madrid vs Dortmund

Upcoming singer alleges Wizkid rejects $30K for feature, says song is ‘wack’
Forum | 1 month ago

Upcoming singer alleges Wizkid rejects $30K for feature, says song is ‘wack’