Death of Soun Ogbomoso great loss to Nigeria — Oyo APC

Forum 2 years ago

Death of Soun Ogbomoso great loss to Nigeria — Oyo APC

Chief Akin Oke, the outgoing Caretaker Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Oyo State, has described the death of Soun of Ogbomosoland, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi, as a great loss to Oyo State and the nation in general.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/74b08dda2a8e13ed1b8e248963fa4f85.jpg

The 95-year-old monarch, who is the 20th Soun of Ogbomoso died on Sunday.

Oke described the late Oba Oyewunmi as a person who lived well and contributed a lot to the development of his people as well as humanity.

“In him was every good thing a reasonable town man could wish to have in a traditional ruler, leader and father. An average Yoruba son and daughter is proud of the late Soun who was in spite of being born a prince, strived to rise to stardom.

“He was able to improve upon every of his success until he breathed his last. He was a focused, courageous and disciplined person who would never compromise his integrity and nobility,” he said.

He said that the late Oba Oyewunmi’s 48 years on the throne was eventful, fruitful and successful, adding Ogbomosoland witnessed a lot of renewal and transformation.

According to him, the late monarch was not only an accomplished businessman but also a champion of education, who prioritised the education of his children and subjects.

“Today, Ogbomoso people can boast of being among the best educated in Africa and we appreciate the role played by Oba Oyewumi in achieving this great feat. I will personally feel the demise of Kabiyesi in view of my closeness to him and what he was able to do for me as his beloved son.”

Oke recalled how his path crossed with the late traditional ruler when he contested the Councillorship election in his Ogbomoso Ward in 1976.

He said that the late Oba Oyewunmi was able to manage the crisis generated by the controversial poll.

“Since then, he drew me close and never abandoned me for once not even since I became the chairman of APC in the state, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

“My message of condolences goes to all members of the royal family as well as eminent sons and daughters of Ogbomosoland,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 4 hours ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 day ago

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 2 days ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest