Arsenal star Xhaka opens door to Gladbach return

1 week ago

Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka has opened the door to return to Borussia Monchengladbach.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8d7935ff8e0aaaa9cd5f0db7c80d0e87.jpeg

The Swiss international spent four seasons at the Bundesliga side before joining Arsenal for £35m in 2016.

Xhaka recently signed a contract extension with Arsenal until 2024 and would be keen on returning to Germany.

He said on the Mit Geredet podcast: "I never made the move from Borussia to Arsenal for the money. It was a dream for me to play in England.

"I have just extended my contract, which still has two and a half years to run.

"Then I'll be 32, and if Max Eberl (Monchengladbach's director of sport) is willing to bring me back when I'm 32, my door will be open."

Roma were interested in Xhaka before he committed his future to Arsenal last summer.

Related Forums
Starboy Sabi Lie - Fans Drag Wizkid For Failing To Drop New Song With Burna Boy As Promised
Forum

Starboy Sabi Lie - Fans Drag Wizkid For Failing To Drop New Song With Burna Boy As Promised

15 hours ago
Disclaimer: Cate Blanchett & Kevin Kline to Star in Alfonso Cuarón’s Apple Thriller Series
Forum

Disclaimer: Cate Blanchett & Kevin Kline to Star in Alfonso Cuarón’s Apple Thriller Series

17 hours ago
Arsenal open talks with agents for Juventus midfielder Kulusevski
Forum

Arsenal open talks with agents for Juventus midfielder Kulusevski

1 day ago
Eddie Nketiah rejects Arsenal contract offer
Forum

Eddie Nketiah rejects Arsenal contract offer

1 day ago