I Can’t Be Part Of Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan

Forum 8 years ago

I Can’t Be Part Of Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday vowed not to partake in any action that could result in Nigeria’s disintegration and advised the incoming administration of General Muhammadu Buhari to impact positively on the lives of Nigerians, in order to reckon with the contributions of all citizens.

Speaking when he received members of the Universal Peace Foundation who conferred on him an award of Peace-Loving Global Citizen in Aso Rock, Abuja, Jonathan said the predictions that Nigeria would disintegrate in 2015 would have unfolded into reality if he had not conceded defeat in the March 28 presidential poll.

Jonathan pointed out that he took the bold step, so that Nigerians could still have a country to call theirs.

He further stated that the desire to unify the country and trash issues which divided the nation brought about the National Conference and encouraged the incoming government not to disregard the report of the conference or its recommendations.

“The idea of that National Conference was to look at the weak cleavages we have in this country, address them and implement the recommendations of the conference, in order to build a stronger and more united nation.

“I cannot be a party to the disintegration of the country; therefore, I am quite pleased with what has happened.

“We only pray that the incoming government appreciates the contributions of everybody, as far as the conference is concerned and see how we can run Nigeria as a country that belongs to everybody: all citizens, irrespective of political affiliations or creeds”.

Besides conferring the title on Jonathan, the foundation, led by a constitutional lawyer and human rights activist, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), also appointed him Nigeria’s Representative to theGlobal Peace Council to replace Nigeria’s former head of Interim National Government, Chief Earnest Shonekan.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Killers Of Customs Officer Hiding In Katsina Villages - Nigeria Customs Service Claims
Forum | 57 mins ago

The Killers Of Customs Officer Hiding In Katsina Villages - Nigeria Customs Service Claims

Nigerian Woman Overjoyed After Giving Birth to Twins at 56
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Woman Overjoyed After Giving Birth to Twins at 56

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian-born striker, Martin Obi scores seven goals as Arsenal win 7-0