Hartlepool boss Dave Challinor sees room for improvement despite win

Forum 2 years ago

Hartlepool boss Dave Challinor sees room for improvement despite win

Dave Challinor was once extremely joyful with Hartlepool’s moment house win in a row since returning to the EFL, although he feels there’s nonetheless room for development.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dd765ac7b76e0a2dcc94599f8f427d1b.jpeg

After a gradual get started towards Walsall at Victoria Park, Tyler Burey scored for the second one weekend in a row to place Swimming pools in entrance within the twenty third minute.

The Millwall mortgage signing’s superb solo objective were given Hartlepool up and operating and the Saddlers, apart from from one header Conor Wilkinson had stored, struggled to get again into it after that.

Hartlepool stepped forward after the restart and prolonged their lead within the 57th minute when Nicky Featherstone transformed from the penalty spot.

That arrived when Gavan Holohan’s power struck Ash Taylor and it was once now not utterly transparent the place the ball hit.

Challinor stated: “I’m happy with the second-half efficiency. First half of we had been at ease, we in truth made it tougher than it had to be. 2nd half of we had been terrific. We will have to have gained by means of extra.

“We began the half of intense, had a couple of possibilities and didn’t take the ones however deservedly were given the second one.

“I’m now not positive if it was once a penalty, unattainable to mention, however the ref made the verdict and we will be able to gratefully take it.

“There are many positives however we will be able to nonetheless give a boost to on what we did first half of.

“On Tyler, there’s extra to come back from him. His objective was once what he’s about, on the proper finish of the pitch, celebrating with the fanatics as smartly.

“What we need to do with him is get that message throughout the place he doesn’t need to depend on what he did for that objective to get him to face out in a sport.

“He must paintings on the different bits, and his efficiency moment half of was once miles higher. He picked the ball higher, nicked the ball in excellent spaces.”

Whilst Hartlepool have gained two in their 3 video games since returning to Sky Wager League Two, Walsall have now gathered only a level from 4 fits.

Saddlers boss Matthew Taylor stated: “We didn’t deserve anything else from the sport, we didn’t compete or earn the precise to win a sport of soccer.

“We didn’t win sufficient moment balls, we weren’t aggressive at the pitch and I’m slightly stunned to be brutally fair.

“I will be able to pass with errors, I will be able to have a look at the ones, however what I will be able to’t pass with isn’t competing on a pitch. In case you don’t do that you are going to by no means succeed in anything else at the pitch.

“We weren’t in a position to put in force our sport taste. They had been way more competitive in the way in which they pressed.

“We had to make excellent choices and we didn’t make sufficient excellent choices, that was once in every single place the pitch.

“I be expecting them to be dissatisfied and hurting and I would like that feeling to ultimate. I’m devastated we misplaced as a result of I assumed we had a possibility to get a favorable consequence.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: They will win all their games – Micah Richards picks team to win title

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh
Forum | 1 day ago

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh

EPL: Chelsea’s dominant win reflects team’s renewed spirit – Pochettino
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Chelsea’s dominant win reflects team’s renewed spirit – Pochettino

EPL: ‘Not by goal difference’ – Guardiola on how City will win title ahead of Arsenal
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘Not by goal difference’ – Guardiola on how City will win title ahead of Arsenal