Chris Lowell Joins Hilary Duff in Hulu’s How I Met Your Father Spinoff

Forum 2 years ago

Chris Lowell Joins Hilary Duff in Hulu’s How I Met Your Father Spinoff

According to Deadline, GLOW alum Chris Lowell has officially been tapped for one of the leading characters in Hulu’s forthcoming How I Met Your Father series, which serves as a spinoff to CBS’ hit sitcom How I Met Your Mother.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e02ab4be422f49f483705cdf466d9430.jpg

Lowell is set to portray the role of Jesse, one of Sophie’s friends, who will be portrayed by Lizzie McGuire star Hilary Duff. His character is described as a smart guy, with a bit of an edge and cynical about love. Jesse is an aspiring musician who works as an Uber driver to make ends meet and lives with his best friend Tom.

Lowell was most recently seen in Emerald Fennell’s acclaimed dark comedy-drama Promising Young Woman and in Tate Taylor’s Breaking New in Yuba County. The upcoming series marks the 36-year-old actor’s TV comeback in two years after starring in Netflix’s GLOW and iZombie.

Like the original’s premise, How I Met Your Father will center around Sophie as she tells her son the story of how she met his father. It will begin in 2021, where Sophie and her close-knit group of friends are in the midst of figuring out who they are, what they want out of life, and how to fall in love in the age of dating apps and limitless options.

The 10-episode multi and single-cam comedy series will be written and executive produced by creators Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger (Love Victor). Executive producers are How I Met Your Mother creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, along with Adam Londy. 20th Television is producing with Duff set as a producer.

The original series ran on-air for nine seasons from 2005-2014. It starred Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby, Jason Segel as Marshall Eriksen, Alyson Hannigan as Lily Aldrin, Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson, and Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky, with Bob Saget serving as the voice of future Ted.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tracker: Jensen Ackles Joins Justin Hartley-Led Series
Forum | 2 hours ago

Tracker: Jensen Ackles Joins Justin Hartley-Led Series

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 23 hours ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced
Forum | 1 day ago

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 1 day ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams