Jurgen Klopp Confirms Star Player Wlll Stay At The Club As Transfer Deadline Day Draws Closer!

Forum 7 years ago

Jurgen Klopp Confirms Star Player Wlll Stay At The Club As Transfer Deadline Day Draws Closer!

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says there was nothing more than a tactical change behind him leaving Daniel Sturridge on the bench against Tottenham on Saturday.

Sturridge admitted his frustration at being used in a wider role during the 2-0 defeat by Burnley last weekend and, after scoring twice in the EFL Cup in midweek, he was omitted from Klopp’s starting line-up at White Hart Lane.

But the former Borussia Dortmund boss says Sturridge, who was included in Sam Allardyce’s first England squad on Sunday evening, will play regularly for the Reds this season.

“Daniel Sturridge is a wonderfully skilled player, but I made the decision based on the kind of defending that was important for Tottenham,” Klopp said.

“When we last played Tottenham, at home, he had an outstanding game. But I can only pick 11 players to start and I never make a decision like this against one player.

“I’m really happy that we have him. He will play and he will score and all will be good.

“He didn’t have a perfect pre-season, other players have played more together in pre-season and that’s an advantage.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Michelle Yeoh to Star in Prime Video’s Blade Runner 2099 Series
Forum | 58 mins ago

Michelle Yeoh to Star in Prime Video’s Blade Runner 2099 Series

Tracy Morgan to Star in The Neighborhood Spin-off Series at Paramount+
Forum | 11 hours ago

Tracy Morgan to Star in The Neighborhood Spin-off Series at Paramount+

Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Disney+ Special
Forum | 1 day ago

Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Disney+ Special

Samuel L. Jackson & Henry Golding to Star in Sci-Fi Thriller Head Games
Forum | 1 day ago

Samuel L. Jackson & Henry Golding to Star in Sci-Fi Thriller Head Games