"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Tracy Morgan to Star in The Neighborhood Spin-off Series at Paramount+

Forum 1 week ago

Tracy Morgan to Star in The Neighborhood Spin-off Series at Paramount+

Tracy Morgan is set to star in a brand new Paramount+ comedy that will be set in the same universe as the CBS series The Neighborhood.

According to Variety, Morgan will lead the half-hour comedy series titled Crutch, where he’ll play the role of Francois “Frank” Crutchfield. According to reports, Morgan’s character is “a Harlem widower whose empty-nest plans are put on hold after his millennial son and free-spirited daughter move back home.”

“Crutch will be navigating the ups and downs of having his kids and grandkids back under one roof, and you know if I am doing this, there will be plenty of laughs along the way,” said Morgan. “I am so happy to be able to do this with my brother Cedric The Entertainer, Owen Smith and the rest of the amazing crew we have put together. Get ready for your new favorite show!”

The Neighborhood spin-off to be produced by Cedric

The series will be executive produced by comedian Cedric The Entertainer, who also starred and produced The Neighborhood. In a statement on the series, Cedric praised Morgan and the upcoming series.

“I’m excited to be expanding our ‘The Neighborhood’ universe by producing a show with the legendary comedian Tracy Morgan,” said Cedric The Entertainer. “This new character is the close cousin to my character Calvin Butler, and you will enjoy some of their many similarities. Morgan plays Crutch, a ‘say-it-like-it-is’ widowed father who is challenged when his two adult children and a couple of grandchildren need to move back home, and let’s just say there will be several comedic complications.”

Coincidentally, Morgan did appear in The Neighborhood, but not as his upcoming character. He guest starred in a Season 5 episode as the wealthy younger brother to Cedric’s Calvin.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
28 Years Later: Cillian Murphy Will Return to Star in Danny Boyle’s Horror Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

28 Years Later: Cillian Murphy Will Return to Star in Danny Boyle’s Horror Sequel

American Sweatshop: Lili Reinhart to Star in Social Media Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

American Sweatshop: Lili Reinhart to Star in Social Media Thriller

Transfer: Tuchel tells Bayern Munich to sign Man Utd star this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Tuchel tells Bayern Munich to sign Man Utd star this summer

EPL: He has attributes – Clichy tips Chelsea star to become best player next season
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: He has attributes – Clichy tips Chelsea star to become best player next season