Paris Saint-Germain Head Coach Thomas Tuchel Is Demanding For Reinforcements

Forum 3 years ago

Paris Saint-Germain Head Coach Thomas Tuchel Is Demanding For Reinforcements

PSG sporting director Leonardo is not happy with the 47-year-old German’s recent statements and said that Tuchel could face sanctions for publicly revealing his demands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c7a60020ec625b0106424a36db11409f.jpg“I did not like the statement of the coach Tuchel. I don’t understand it and I did not like it. The club did not like it. We will see internally [about a punishment],” Leonard told reporters Friday, Goal reported.

PSG is coming off a big win over Angers on Friday, 6-1, with Neymar and Kylian Mbappe leading the way. It was the fourth straight win for PSG after losing its first two matches. But Tuchel’s sentiments suggest that there may be something wrong within the club.

Addressing Tuchel’s call for reinforcements, Leonardo insisted that PSG is looking for possibilities in the transfer market. The transfer deadline is set for Oct. 5, and it remains to be seen if PSG will be making moves in the last few remaining days of the window.

“We are looking for possibilities [in the transfer market],” Leonardo told reporters. “We will try to do things. We will see but there is nothing for sure.”

Despite this, it is pretty clear Leonardo is unhappy with Tuchel’s recent actions. He believes that if there is an issue, the PSG manager should have talked to management about the problem instead of going public with it.

“If someone is not happy, we can talk, there is no problem. But If he decides to stay, he must decide to respect the choices of the sports management,” Leonardo said. “We’re not here to go to trial … But we have to have the spirit of suffering for the club, the spirit of sacrifice. The important thing is the club. We didn’t like the way [that Tuchel spoke].”

One name that has been linked to PSG is Houssem Aouar. But Leonardo admitted that taking in the 22-year-old is a bit complicated. Arsenal FC is the club bidding for Aouar’s services but has yet to meet the asking fee of Olympique Lyonnais.

Prior to Leonardo’s response, Tuchel said in his press conference ahead of the Angers match that new signings are vital to the club’s future success.

“It’s sport, it is football, everything is possible. We know that in order to do the same things you need some luck in matches,” the coach said, Goal reported. “If we keep the squad we have today, honestly, we can’t ask for the same results, because that is the situation.”

“If we stay like this maybe we can’t ask for the same targets with a reduced squad because as I said we have to cope with Liverpool, Man City, Atletico and Inter who have done well in the window,” he added. “The club knows which profile we need in terms of new recruits. Now we have to wait.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
One Spoon of Chocolate Cast Adds Shameik Moore and Paris Jackson
Forum | 3 days ago

One Spoon of Chocolate Cast Adds Shameik Moore and Paris Jackson

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 1 week ago

Forum | 1 week ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 1 week ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers