How to Prevent and Relieve yourself from Study Stress

Forum 7 years ago

How to Prevent and Relieve yourself from Study Stress

Stress as we all “a normal physical response to events that make you feel threatened or upset about your balance in some way.” How to Prevent and Relieve yourself from Study Stress. When you envisage danger and desperation, your body goes into “fight-or-flight” reaction mode in order to shield and protect you. This is great for emergency situations, like matching on your breaks instantly to avoid an accident, well it is not so wonderful for studying.

This Stress occurs naturally in college/university students, who are overwhelmed by striking a balance between numerous and multiple classes with work schedules and extra-curricular activities.

Instead of reaching for a bottle of beer to relax, this is How to Prevent and Relieve yourself from Study Stress

1. Engage in a beneficial physical activity.

One of the quickest and greatest ways to relieve stress is through physical activities (jogging, bowling, swimming, visiting the gym,). Whether this is through a vigorous workout (going to the gym) or by participating in various sports activities, you will find that getting your body moving helps you to literally sweat off stress and tension. Also read 14 tips to boost your performance on the day of examination

2. Get out of the house for fresh air.

Forgo the place where you are studying in order to re-srategize and re-energize. Take your pet or kid for a walk or go alone and spend time in nature (park, garden, landscape etc) for a little while to relax your mind. You should Spend some time thinking about other things than your study materials.

“Talk and strike up convos with friends or just go watch a movie, “Stress studying is never good, so think about something else for a while to get your mind off of things; it makes things so much better.”

Meet a friend for a quick cup of tea or plate of rice and chicken (lol) to chat for half an hour or there about something other than your big quiz, seminar, exam or paper that is due, or go see the latest movie together, but remember to come back; you have a test, after all.

3. Write you way out.

Writing when you are really stressed out can help you find out the things that are bothering you (for example your diaries, blog and tabloid). While it may look obvious that the actual act of studying itself is stressful, take an our to write down a list of what area of your situation are causing you the most problem grief.

Maybe you are trying to study a lot of material in a small amount of time? or Is there certain material that you don’t understand? Did you leave some chores undone? Once you figure out why you are stressed you can better address how to alleviate and fix your woes.

4. Do something you enjoy most aside food.

Your extra-curricular activities can help you relax well. Put aside your books and lecture notes and take a few minutes or up to an hour to put your stress towards an activity you enjoy (for me, i play pes on my PC or surf the net).

“YES! I normally take a time out and do something completely different from the subject I’m studying, and, once I feel better, I get back to studying,”

5. Relax your muscles and mind

Give yourself a good massage (or get your friend or spouse to give you one). Take a hot bath.

6. Just breathe in and exhale.

Take a deep breath in and hold it for 10 seconds, then let it out. Tell yourself that everything will work out in the end, tell yourself “its well even inside well”. Take a moment to focus on the present and just chillax.

Stress is extremely rough, but applying any of these methods listed above will help you to relax and to endure intense study sessions.

If you have your own healthy methods for coping with stress, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
FG Demands Proof Of Approval From Workers On Study Leave
Forum | 1 month ago

FG Demands Proof Of Approval From Workers On Study Leave

Kaduna Rerun: Protest As Suspected Thugs Kill Man Trying To Prevent Ballot Snatching
Forum | 2 months ago

Kaduna Rerun: Protest As Suspected Thugs Kill Man Trying To Prevent Ballot Snatching

Stress Is Now Expensive - Actress Mary Njoku Laments After Buying Panadol Night For N8,500
Forum | 5 months ago

Stress Is Now Expensive - Actress Mary Njoku Laments After Buying Panadol Night For N8,500

Why I Don’t Need Stress In My Life – Judy Austin Reveals After Bagging An Endorsement Deal
Forum | 5 months ago

Why I Don’t Need Stress In My Life – Judy Austin Reveals After Bagging An Endorsement Deal