Chinese Club Offers to Pay Mikel Obi N66million Every Week to Play for Them

Forum 7 years ago

Chinese Club Offers to Pay Mikel Obi N66million Every Week to Play for Them

Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel could be heading to China on a deal reportedly worth £170,000 (N66 million) a week. According to Owngoalnigeria.com the out-of-favour Chelsea player might take the offer.

It was gathered that the Shanghai SIPG reportedly contacted his representatives with the offer after the last international weekend. It is likely the Nigerian international might take the offer considering that he is yet to play a game at Chelsea under new manager Antonio Conte.

Last season Mikel turned down a move to Shanghai Shenhua opting to remain with Chelsea, where he would be a free agent next summer, a condition that gives him the authority to talk to interested clubs in January.

A nominal transfer fee in the region of £2-5m would be paid to Chelsea for the midfielder, who is currently the second longest serving player in the team behind captain John Terry.

Mikel currently earns £80,000 a week at Chelsea, a figure that makes him the highest earning Nigerian player in Europe, but second behind Obafemi Martins who plays for Shanghai Shenhua in China on the overall list.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 1 day ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 3 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 4 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri