I Didn’t Reject My Accommodation - Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr

Forum 7 years ago

I Didn’t Reject My Accommodation - Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr

Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, has reacted to news making the rounds that he rejected the accommodation given to him by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for his stay in Nigeria.

Rohr, who managed the senior national team for the first time in a 1-0 home win against Tanzania earlier this month expressed displeasure at the way people are using his openness and easy accessibility to quote him out of context and attempt to derail him from the core assignment he has at hand.

“I never rejected any apartment,” he said. “I might have spoken to a few people who
Ibelieved to be genuinely interested in me, saying that the apartment was very big and I joked that I might get lost inside it when I start to live there, but I never rejected it.

“When the Federation engaged me, and told me I had to live in Nigeria, I agreed to it because I believed that my base has to be in the country where I work. I did the same in Niger, Burkina Faso and Gabon, and I do not see it any differently in Nigeria,” Rohr added in a statement.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Former Super Eagles winger announces retirement from football
Forum | 34 mins ago

Former Super Eagles winger announces retirement from football

You can’t find another him in Europe, he’s irreplaceable – Italy legend hails Super Eagles striker
Forum | 1 hour ago

You can’t find another him in Europe, he’s irreplaceable – Italy legend hails Super Eagles striker

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh
Forum | 2 days ago

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh

Superman: James Gunn Shares First Look at David Corenswet in DCU Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Superman: James Gunn Shares First Look at David Corenswet in DCU Movie