It Doesn’t Stand For Afrobeat, It’s Not Afrobeat In Any Way; Seun Kuti Speaks On Nigerian Music [Watch Video]

Forum 7 years ago

It Doesn’t Stand For Afrobeat, It’s Not Afrobeat In Any Way; Seun Kuti Speaks On Nigerian Music [Watch Video]

Seun Kuti who is the son of multi-instrumentalist, musician, composer and pioneer of the Afrobeat genre, Fela Kuti, has decided to revolt against the striving African sound labelled “AfroBeat“.

In a recent interview with Diddy’s Revolt TV, Seun speaks on the Nigerian music and describes it as Pop music which has no linkage to afrobeat.

He said; “It’s pop music. I don’t think this is Afrobeat. It doesn’t stand for Afrobeat. It’s not Afrobeat in any way, shape, or form, in terms of composition, in terms of arrangement, in terms of message. It’s pop music.” He also speaks on the content of his music and what inspires his lyrics.

Watch complete interview below;

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 hour ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 9 hours ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Megan Thee Stallion Sued For Allegedly Forcing Cameraman Watch S3xual Act
Forum | 18 hours ago

Megan Thee Stallion Sued For Allegedly Forcing Cameraman Watch S3xual Act

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 1 day ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi