I Believe in Peaceful Dialogue for Biafra - Nollywood Actor Talks on Being Nnamdi Kanu's New Lawyer

Forum 7 years ago

I Believe in Peaceful Dialogue for Biafra - Nollywood Actor Talks on Being Nnamdi Kanu's New Lawyer

In an official statement posted on his social media account, popular Nollywood actor, Kenneth Okonkwo, has said that he’s not part of the defence team of the embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

The veteran actor who is also a legal practitioner and was recently spotted in court in his lawyer garb during the hearing of Kanu’s case, disclosed that his presence in court during Kanu’s hearing was merely coincidental, and nothing more.

Below is what he posted on his Instagram page;

“My attention has been drawn to some write ups insinuating that I am one of the Defence Counsel of Nnamdi Kanu of the IPOB fame. I state categorically that I am not one of the Defence Counsel.

“I had a different matter at the same court where he was arraigned and we met at the Court by chance. Everybody recognized my presence and in my usual fashion, I greeted everyone."

The actor further expressed his standpoint on the Biafra agitation while noting that he believes in a united Nigeria, adding that the agitation can be resolved through dialogue and added that the destiny of Ndigbo is in Nigeria.

“I believe in the unity of Nigeria and believe that the destiny of Ndigbo will be better served within a Nigeria based on equity and justice. God bless Ndigbo and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I believe in the peaceful resolution of the Biafran crisis through dialogue. We must recall that Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe opted for one Nigeria because he believed that the arrangement will best suit our itinerant and commercial nature.”

He wrote further;

"I believe in the peaceful resolution of the Biafran crisis through dialogue. We must recall that Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe opted for one Nigeria because he believed that the arrangement will best suit our itinerant and commercial nature."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
FCE Zaria final schedule for 2023/2024 screening and orientation of new degree students
Forum | 1 day ago

FCE Zaria final schedule for 2023/2024 screening and orientation of new degree students

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Sets Digital, 4K, and Blu-ray Release Dates
Forum | 2 days ago

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Sets Digital, 4K, and Blu-ray Release Dates

Spider Thriller Arachnid Is First Film Under New Genre Label Badlands
Forum | 2 days ago

Spider Thriller Arachnid Is First Film Under New Genre Label Badlands

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh
Forum | 2 days ago

Superman & Lois Season 4 Sees Return of Reverse-Flash Actor Tom Cavanagh