Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

I don’t know what Buhari should do, I’ve stopped advising people –Pat Utomi

Forum 7 years ago

I don’t know what Buhari should do, I’ve stopped advising people –Pat Utomi

Professor of Political Economy and Management expert, Pat Utomi, shares his thoughts on the state of the country’s economy, politics and other issues in this interview with JESUSEGUN ALAGBE

There were speculations that you were going to be a Minister or at least be on the economic team of President Muhammadu Buhari. Were you not reached out to or you were simply uninterested?

First of all, I think there is too much emphasis on form rather than content in our context as a people. I think what is always important is our ability to work together as a people to change the society. There are different roles we can play as a people and it doesn’t matter when other people tend to criticise you as long as the right things are done. I was very uncomfortable with the whole rush of speculations leading up to that whole thing. What we wanted to do was change the direction of our country. We saw our country going in a set of wrong direction. Many of us said, ‘No, we can’t continue like this. This has great consequences.’ So we made our time, energy and every other thing available for the push. However, the only thing I can say is that the party (All Progressives Congress) did a terrible job at transition. They didn’t manage it well. Now we don’t see where the country is going; this is very obvious to me. But it is not a matter of who is where or not; that is not important.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Takes One To Know One: Olivia Cooke and Jamie Bell To Lead Romance Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Takes One To Know One: Olivia Cooke and Jamie Bell To Lead Romance Movie

People Think I’m In Illuminati – Singer, Tyla Says
Forum | 1 week ago

People Think I’m In Illuminati – Singer, Tyla Says

I Know What
Forum | 1 week ago

I Know What's Happening to Wizkid - Yul Edochie Claims