Abigail - S01 E61

Story 1 week ago

Abigail - S01 E61

Read Story: SEASON 1 EPISODE 61

••••

{
MORE MYSTERIES }

“Yes. A dead body was found in an alleyway this evening. You all need to go and inspect it right now. Mr. Reid and his forensic team are already there. Good luck with your new case.”
______

Desmond left the office after the announcement.

Emma let out a deep breath, dusting off imaginary dirt from her shirt.

Robert stuffed his hands inside his pants pocket as he leaned back to the doorframe.

Silence lingered in the air for a few minutes until Ginny spoke up.

“Who would kill someone in an alleyway?” She asked.

“Is that even a question?” Emma scoffed.

“The heart of a human is very complex and they have a lot of thoughts going about in their heads.” Robert stated.

“Your best friend today can be your enemy tomorrow. Nobody is to be trusted. Not even a family.” Emma sighed.

“You talk as if you have been betrayed before.” Ginny pointed out.

“I’ve never been betrayed.” She answered, shaking her head. “Besides, I don’t have any family aside from my best friend. Abigail.”

“And do you trust her?”

Emma was quiet for a moment as she stared at Ginny, processing her question in her head.

“Do you trust your father?” She retorted.

Ginny smiled and threw her hands in the air in surrender.

“Fair enough.”

“Can we drop our personal conversation aside and focus on the case at hand now?” Robert pushed himself off the doorframe.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Emma pinched the bridge of her nose. “This new case is going to distract us from the undercover mission. Don’t you think?”

“Well, we can still do the undercover mission, Emma.” Ginny crossed her arms over her chest. “I don’t see any reason why we can’t.”

“Can you hear yourself at all?” Emma frowned at the girl. “The new case is a murder investigation, remember? We shouldn’t get distracted by anything so we wouldn’t make mistakes.”

“So what are you trying to say then? Are we going to forsake the Santos Hospital case and focus on this new one or what?”

Emma faced Robert, giving him the ‘do you have any suggestion?’ look.

Robert ruffled his hair.

“Maybe Ginny will keep looking for clues on the Santos Hospital case while you and I focus on this new case. What do you think about that?” He proposed.

Emma thought about it in silence, biting her fingernail.

“I think that makes sense.” Ginny concurred.

“Emma, stop biting your fingernail. It’s unhealthy.” Robert said, pulling her finger out of her mouth.

“I don’t have any idea so yeah, let’s go with yours.” She ran the tip of her tongue over her lips. “However, all of us are going to inspect the crime scene tonight. I don’t want Chief Desmond to be suspicious of Robert and I since Ginny had decided to take the fall for the team.”

“Why am I regretting my decision now?” Ginny asked, jokingly.

“It’s too late to regret, bratty.” Emma wiggled her brows.

“Like seriously, stop calling me that. Or else I’m going to start calling you…”

“Call me old hag and see what I’m going to do to you.” Emma threatened.

“Calm down. I was going to say,” She grabbed her cross-bag from the chair and started walking towards the door. “Old hag!” She ran out of the office.

“Old…old hag? Didn’t I warn you not to call me that? I swear I’m going to kill you.” Emma likewise ran out of the office, chasing after the intern.

Robert shook his head at his team’s craziness, picking up Emma’s bag which she had dropped on the floor before chasing after Ginny.

He attempted to take a step when his phone chimed, signifying a notification for a new text message.

He pulled it out of his pocket and read the text, a deep frown appeared on his face.

TESSA: WE NEED TO TALK, ROBERT. I KNOW YOU ARE MAD AT ME BUT YOU CAN’T KEEP IGNORING ME LIKE THIS. I AM YOUR SISTER AND ONLY FAMILY. ANYWAY, I WILL BE STOPPING BY YOUR HOUSE TODAY. PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR WHEN I KNOCK. I LOVE YOU AND I’M SORRY.

Robert quickly deleted the message, slide the phone inside his pocket, and left the office.

He doesn’t want to have anything to do with that girl who unfortunately happens to be his sister.

••••

Jersey has been washing his hands for over thirty minutes.

His face was pale and his lip quivered.

He doesn’t look so good or like his usual composed self.

Jersey continued scrubbing his hands under the running faucet when he heard someone clearing their throat behind him.

He quickly turned off the faucet and turned around to see who it was.

A deep frown appeared on his face immediately after he saw who it was.

“What the f**k are you doing here?”

Marshall shrugged his shoulders and started washing his hands in another faucet, a few miles away from where Jersey remained standing.

“I didn’t know we were banned from entering the men’s restroom.” He gave a sarcastic reply, scoffing.

Jersey didn’t say anything and went on with scrubbing his hands over again after turning on the faucet.

Marshall silently washed his hands and by the time he was done, he switched off the faucet.

He blew dry his hands under the dryer machine and tried to walk away when he caught sight of Jersey’s hands which were now swollen and reddened from the never-ending scrubbing.

He creased his brows together and stepped close to him.

“Are… you okay? What are you doing?”

Jersey didn’t answer.

“You are going to hurt yourself if you keep scrubbing your hands like this.” Marshall added, seeming a little bit worried.

“Mind your business.” Jersey snarled.

“Do you realize that you are almost bleeding?” He questioned.

“I thought I told you to mind your f**king business, Marshall? Whether I bleed or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.”

“Yeah, you are right. Why am I even bothering myself?” Marshall rolled his eyes and walked out of the bathroom.

Jersey grunted loudly, turning off the faucet for the second time.

He banged his fist on the sink and squeezed his eyes shut.

“Why the hell am I doing this? What is wrong with me? I’m f**king going to regret this. I know I will.” He mumbled under his breath, letting out a deep breath of frustration and anger.

••••

Marshall dangled his car keys as he walked towards his range rover parked in the second slot.

He was almost getting close when he heard footsteps from behind.

He turned around and saw Sandra.

“Hi, babe.” She smirked and kissed him softly on his lips.

Marshall was in deep shock at her behavior.

“Are you closed for the day?” She asked, tilting her head to the side.

He raised a questioning brow at her, looking very confused.

“Wait a minute, what was the meaning of that?”

“Meaning of what?” She asked, feigning ignorance.

“What was the meaning of what you just did, Sandra?” He flared up.

“Why are you creating a scene over nothing? It’s not like we don’t kiss before.” She scoffed.

“I am a married man, Sandra. Have you forgotten that?”

She laughed.

“Stop fooling yourself, honey. You are a married man?” She shook her head in disbelief at his choice of words. “And yet you had an affair with me. Don’t be stupid.”

“I regret doing so.”

“Oh, you do now?”

“Sandra, we broke up.”

“Did we?”

“Yes.”

“Really? Why don’t I remember that?” She pinched her brows together, pretending to be in deep thought. “Well, I just ransacked through my memories and I don’t remember any scene of us breaking up.”

“Sandra!”

“What!?” She snapped. “Do you really think you can break up with me, Marshall? Huh?”

“We can’t be together. I am married with two wonderful kids and I love my wife.”

“Shut up. Don’t tell me that bullshit. You love your wife and yet you had an affair with me. You cheated on her, I don’t need to remind you of that, do I?”

“I did that because I was stupid and_”

“Then remain stupid.” She cut him off. “I am in a huge mess right now because of you, asshole. I won’t let you use me and then toss me like I was some piece of trash. I swear I won’t.”

“It is over between us, Sandra. It is high time you accept that fact and move on. Besides, I promised to help you out of the mess and luckily, no one will suspect a thing about you or find out about what you did.”

“I don’t care what you do!” She shouted. “You are not going to leave me. Never.”

“Stop this craziness. What is your problem?”

“I should be the one asking you that question, Marshall. I won’t let you break my heart.” She angrily wiped off the tears on her face.

Marshall hesitated for a moment and then released a soft breath, running his fingers through his hair.

“Please, Sandra. Don’t make this any more difficult than it already is.” He turned around, opened the car door, and attempted to step in when Sandra said something, bringing his movement to a halt.

“You have two choices here,”

He frowned and turned to look at her.

“What do you mean? What are you talking about?”

She smirked and stepped closer to him.

“You want to break my heart, don’t you? Then get ready to have your heart broken as well.”

“What are you saying?” He was still in confusion.

“How would your precious wife feel if she finds out about your infidelity, honey?” She dusted off imaginary dirt from his suit. “I know how much you want to be with your wife… I mean, that’s the reason why you want to break my heart but trust me, Marshall, I won’t let you win. You either continue what you’ve started with me or lose your wife and me. The choice is yours.” She pecked him on the cheek and winked at him before clambering into her car and driving out of the parking lot, leaving him behind in complete bewilderment.

••••

Previous Episode

Abigail - S01 E60

Next Episode

Abigail - S01 E62

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Stories
Jeffry And Billy - S01 E11
Story | 37 mins ago

Jeffry And Billy - S01 E11

Jeffry And Billy - S01 E10