Zodwa WaBantu ‘Too Scared’ To Perform In Zimbabwe

Forum 6 years ago

Zodwa WaBantu ‘Too Scared’ To Perform In Zimbabwe

The socialite failed to pitch up for yet another gig in Zimbabwe, leaving her fans angry. Now she’s explaining why she was MIA.

Zodwa was set to perform at two top clubs in the country last week. Speaking toDaily Sun,Zodwa says it is too soon to go to Zim after Robert Mugabe’s coup.

“I really want to rock Zim but feel it’s too early and the situation there is still tense. You know there are still soldiers on the streets and people are still trying to get their lives together. For now, I cannot risk it. My fans there must be patient and only time will tell,” she said.

“While every effort was made to ensure that the socialite fulfils her scheduled appearances, in bad faith and with no communication, Zodwa has now gone incommunicado and all access lines to her are either going unanswered, or are totally off,” said one of the promoters who have since cut ties with the dancer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 6 days ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

I
Forum | 1 week ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

UCL: You didn’t perform – Rio Ferdinand blames Mbappe for 3-2 defeat to Barcelona
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: You didn’t perform – Rio Ferdinand blames Mbappe for 3-2 defeat to Barcelona

I Don’t Charge To Perform At Events But The Lord Blesses Me – Dunsin Oyekan (Video)
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Don’t Charge To Perform At Events But The Lord Blesses Me – Dunsin Oyekan (Video)