You are a disgrace to Senate, apologize to Tinubu’s – Group dares Dino Melaye

Forum 7 years ago

You are a disgrace to Senate, apologize to Tinubu’s – Group dares Dino Melaye

A Coalition of Civil Societies and Media Executives for Good Governance, COCMEGG, has described the lawmaker representing Kogi West, Senator Dino Melaye as a disgrace to the senate for allegedly threatening to assault ?Senator Oluremi Tinubu?, the wife of the All Progressives Congress, APC, National leader, Bola Tinubu.
Melaye had on Tuesday during a closed door session of the senate allegedly threatened to beat up Mrs Tinubu; this he, however, denied.

But the group which viewed Melaye’s utterance as unparliamentary and ungentlemanly, in a statement by its President, Kenneth Aigbegbele and Secretary, James Okoronkwo called for an unreserved apology from the lawmaker.

“Dino Melaye is a huge disappointment to his constituency, the Senate and the Nigeria’s democracy. It is unfortunate and reprehensible that Senator Dino had resorted to maligning the constituted authority on whose platform he rose to become a senator.

“We, therefore, condemn this despicable un-parliamentary behaviour in its entirety and demand an unreserved apology on the floor of the Senate, failure of which, we will be forced to mobilize and commence recall proceedings against him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 10 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals