Why I’m holding a concert on the mainland’ – Davido

Forum 9 years ago

Why I’m holding a concert on the mainland’ – Davido

On Saturday, December 27, 2014 HKN boss Davido will lead a host of other superstars to perform at the Davido and friends Concert scheduled to hold at Skypower Ground, Ikeja, Lagos.

The concert will feature performances from Olamide , Lil Kesh, Runtown, Phyno and several others.
[ads4]
Speaking to WL about the concert, Davido said: ‘I was actually planning to do a big concert for this Christmas but on a second thought I felt I should push the concert to the album launch in March and do something almost free but not completely free because all the proceeds from the show will go to charity.

Regular tickets are just 1,000 and VIP is 3,000. So we are doing the Davido and friends tour on December 27.’
When asked why he chose to do it on the mainland and not on the Island part of Lagos which is the preferred location for such events, he said: ‘Me I be island boy na, and I haven’t really done something for my fans on the Mainland and the love there is just enormous, so that’s why we are doing it there.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 4 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 4 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence
Forum | 4 days ago

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence