Why I Dropped My Degree to Become a Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver Reveals

Forum 7 years ago

Why I Dropped My Degree to Become a Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver Reveals

While some Nigerian women are today afraid of the car steering wheel, others have decided to earn a living in the male-dominated field of taxi drivers.

One of such ladies is Delta State-born Susan Asakpa.

“I studied Accounting at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I worked in a hotel for about three years. There was nothing new anymore, no challenge and the salary was stagnant. Later on, my boss called me up and told me that he will be reducing my salary by N10,000. I was surprised.”

“Before then, I have been thinking about what business I can do. I had three business ideas (hair dressing, food and taxi business). I prayed
about them after which I chose this one,” the young lady continued.

“I spoke with my dad who happens to be my closest confidant and he quickly got a loan from the bank and bought me this car. He has been so supportive, not a single word of discouragement,” she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 5 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again