Why I Don’t Work With Nigerian Producers – Movie Producer/Director, Kunle Afolayan Explains

Forum 7 years ago

Why I Don’t Work With Nigerian Producers – Movie Producer/Director, Kunle Afolayan Explains

Movie producer and Director, Kunle Afolayan in a recent interview has opened up on why he doesn’t direct or produce Nigerian actors and producers.

The ‘October 1’ maker who has won several awards while speaking on the topic noted that so many actors, producers and directors are comfortable with substandard production which he would rather not be a part of.

He said: ‘The first thing you need to understand is that I don’t work the way most people work. It takes me two years to make a film, in fact, once I’m done shooting a movie, I start plans towards the shooting of the next movie.”

He continued: “I have had offers and I have even had senior partners and colleagues wanting to work but directing isn’t a child’s play. When we discuss, and you tell them this is the standard, they sometimes don’t call back or I just stand myground that since I can’t compromise, I might as well back out.”

He however hinted on an upcoming project as he said: “I’m open to it but I can’t compromise several things and that is why I concentrate on my productions but will be doing things with some senior partners in the industry and we are working together on the bill of a cable channel. You will soon see a collaboration of efforts from me and other topshots in the industry,”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 2 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 3 hours ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 1 day ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party