What Emery Said About VAR After Arsenal's 2-2 Draw With Crystal Palace

Forum 4 years ago

What Emery Said About VAR After Arsenal's 2-2 Draw With Crystal Palace

Arsenal coach, Emery's men has raced into a two-goal lead, thanks to Sokratis and David Luiz.

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said the Video Assistant Referee (VAR), is not working well in the Premier League.

The Gunners thought they had made it 3-2 after Sokratis scored, but VAR ruled it out for a foul committed by Callum Chambers. Emery’s men has raced into a two-goal lead, thanks to Sokratis and David Luiz. But Crystal Palace fought back to make it 2-2 at the Emirates.

Speaking to the media after the match, Emery said: “VAR is positive but at the moment it is not working well.

“I think we deserved to win this evening. Only I can be disappointed about not controlling the match better.

“I think VAR is very important for the referees because their mistakes are very important.

“When it’s used in the right way but now we haven’t checked a lot of things to not change the pace of the match.

“Pepe and Soktratis’ penalties were very clear but they didn’t check. Maybe they are starting to check more after this week.

“The next step is a monitor on the touchline to check because VAR is to help referees.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race