What Emery Said About VAR After Arsenal's 2-2 Draw With Crystal Palace

Forum 4 years ago

What Emery Said About VAR After Arsenal's 2-2 Draw With Crystal Palace

Arsenal coach, Emery's men has raced into a two-goal lead, thanks to Sokratis and David Luiz.

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said the Video Assistant Referee (VAR), is not working well in the Premier League.

The Gunners thought they had made it 3-2 after Sokratis scored, but VAR ruled it out for a foul committed by Callum Chambers. Emery’s men has raced into a two-goal lead, thanks to Sokratis and David Luiz. But Crystal Palace fought back to make it 2-2 at the Emirates.

Speaking to the media after the match, Emery said: “VAR is positive but at the moment it is not working well.

“I think we deserved to win this evening. Only I can be disappointed about not controlling the match better.

“I think VAR is very important for the referees because their mistakes are very important.

“When it’s used in the right way but now we haven’t checked a lot of things to not change the pace of the match.

“Pepe and Soktratis’ penalties were very clear but they didn’t check. Maybe they are starting to check more after this week.

“The next step is a monitor on the touchline to check because VAR is to help referees.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
 Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase
Forum | 5 hours ago

Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves