What Broken Links Can do To Your Website

Forum 9 years ago

What Broken Links Can do To Your Website

In this brief post i’ll be explaining what broken links are, its causes, disadvantages and how you can easily locate and remove them from your blog.

Broken links is one of the major problems that can bring down a blog and it seems to be getting more common today. It’s also very unfortunate that most web masters still don’t understand how dangerous broken links can be. Could it be that they don’t really know what broken links are and how it could easily destroy their business?

What Are Broken Links?
Broken links are simply hyperlinks on webpages which leads to error or non existing pages. The link could be internal (within your blog) or external (pointing to another blog) but once it’s broken, it causes same damages.

What Causes Broken Links?
Broken link can occur as a result of the URL you linked to being removed, changed, deleted or you simply had a typo while inputting the URL address. Having broken links in your blog is most likely not to be your fault. I know you link to external pages, if the blog owner removes those pages you linked to, the link automatically becomes dead and there’s no way you could have been notified.

Disadvantages Of Broken Links
Broken or dead links doesn’t have a single advantage; its work is totally to bring down a blog. Below are all of its disadvantages.

It Destroys Your Blog Navigation: Links are being provided on webpages to enable readers easily navigate from one page to another. If on your blog a reader clicks a link, expecting to land on the info he/she is searching for only to receive an error or blank page. The reader is 95% most likely to exit your blog. Broken links simply destroys the navigation system.

Downgrades Your Blog Ranking: For your blog to rank high on search engines, search bots will have to crawl and index its pages and the only way those bots can navigate through your blog to collect new pages is through links. If your links are broken, indexing your new pages won’t be possible, hereby downgrading your blog ranking on search engines.

Reduces Your Blog Traffic: As explained above, broken links destroys the blog navigation which in return scare readers away. Also it prevents search bots from indexing your pages in order to gain traffic from search engines. These two problems bring about low blog traffic. Your existing readers will fade away and you can’t gain traffic from search engines.

I Our New article, I Would Be telling You How to Remove Broken Links from Your website

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Best Dressed Female Award: Bobrisky Should Not Be Criticized Because He Has Not Broken Any Law - TV Host, Morayo Afolabi-Brown (Video)
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Best Dressed Female Award: Bobrisky Should Not Be Criticized Because He Has Not Broken Any Law - TV Host, Morayo Afolabi-Brown (Video)

They’ve Broken My Mom
Forum | 1 month ago

They’ve Broken My Mom's Heart – BBNaija's Angel Writes As She Leaks Chat With Mother

Benzema breaks silence amid links with EPL clubs
Forum | 2 months ago

Benzema breaks silence amid links with EPL clubs

Commotion As Driver Allegedly Stabs Man With Broken Bottle In Kaduna
Forum | 3 months ago

Commotion As Driver Allegedly Stabs Man With Broken Bottle In Kaduna