Uche Jombo explains the Gender Equality bill

Forum 7 years ago

Uche Jombo explains the Gender Equality bill

Uche Jombo gave her 2 cents on the recent Gender equality bill on a post she made on her IG page today. Read what she wrote after the cut...

Let's be clear #ujlovers. Gender roles/ responsibilities and gender equality are different things, the fact that some people think / believe there are the same is why #genderequalitybill didn't go through #Nigeriansenate.

With or without the bill there are women (which i am one of) that will succeed regardless but the equity fight is NOT about this group. Its about that uneducated woman in her village thinking her life is over because she has 'only' girls...its about that little girl understanding 'working twice as hard because she's a girl' ...is a goal not her only option ... i should know i am an Abiriba girl, was told thousand things i can't DO because i am a girl...(.? look where we are NOW empowering men and women)

Learn more about gender equity guidelines for free online.? FYI let's not mistake gender roles for gender equality. I believe she was clearly talking about roles / responsibilities as a woman hence my repost about learning the right meaning of Gender equality.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband

Uche Ogbodo Defends Adanma Luke
Forum | 4 days ago

Uche Ogbodo Defends Adanma Luke

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend
Forum | 6 days ago

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder