Three innocent children have been orphaned following their mother's electrocution by a n*ked wire in Ebonyi State community, two years after their dad's death.
A 40-year-old woman, Mrs Joy Oluchi Osuchukwu, was electrocuted to death by the n*ked streetlight cables allegedly abandoned carelessly by some officials of Ebonyi State’s Ministry of Power. The tragedy struck in front of Udoka Hall, Water Works Road in Abakaliki.
According to eyewitnesses, the late Oluchi was returning home from the neighbourhood where she had gone to fetch water for domestic use, and unknowingly stepped on the naked cables.
Some shop owners who were at the venue of the incidence told Saturday Sun allegedly that the officials of the state’s Ministry of Power had worked on that particular streetlight cable earlier in the day and abandoned the naked cables.
They alleged that they had pleaded with them to cover it before leaving but they gave them flimsy excuse that they would come back later and left.
“That same day, at about 8:30pm this woman passed through that area not knowing that there were naked cables there and she was electrocuted instantly”, narrated one of them.