If you want to make advancement in your HR career, then PHR (Professional in Human Resource) certification is best for you. PHR by HRCI
(HR Certification Institute) is for the HR professional who has some experience in tactical/logistics, program implementation, and who are accountable for HR activities within the organization.
This certification will certify your knowledge in operational and technical aspects of HR management.
Eligibility criteria for PHR
To pursue the certification, you must meet the below criteria:
About the exam
- The candidate must have at least one year of experience as HR and a master’s degree.
- An individual should have at least two years of experience with a bachelor degree.
- Have an at least of four years of experience in HR and a diploma degree.
Tips for clearing the exam
- The certification is based on the computer-based exam to be conducted in Pearson VUE Exam center
- There will be a total of 150 questions consisting mostly of MCQs and 25 pretest questions.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The application fees for the exam is $100 and exam fees are $395.
is well known and valued within the organizations. You could take the certifications any time of the year and make sure you have prepared really well for that as it is not easy to clear and require your honest hard work. Let me summarize some tips which will help you to fare better in the exam.
Experience is the key
We may have learned a lot in the textbooks when pursuing our HR degrees but what really matters is your real world experience as in PHR you will be asked among the real world scenarios and you need to judge the correct answer. This exam will certify your competency in judging your decision.
Use the study materials effectively
HRCI does not recommend using only study resource for the preparation, instead uses multiple resources that are available on the internet. From my experience I can say that it is really true, there are numerous study materials and guide available and you can use it effectively. All you need to know where your gap lies, and then prepare like filling up these gaps.
Build a study plan
There are thousands of questions prevailing and only 175 questions are asked in the exam where you have to complete it in 3 hours. The exam is complicated enough and few weeks will not serve your purpose. You need a good study plan with structured covering each section and practice test. The passing of this exam will need sheer dedication and proper plan.
Follow your plan
Sometimes our dreams do not take shape; the main reason is that our plan does not progress beyond the planning phase. Thus, it is very important to execute the plan you have jotted. Devote some hours every day for preparation with varied materials. I am sure with continuous and dedicated preparation you can easily clear your exam.
Prepare well and have a belief
You have an enormous potential and with the proper motivation, you can easily clear the exam. This certification will push you to the next level and help you to build a good career. If you have prepared well then you don’t have to worry too much and should rest well before the exam. Believe in yourself and with hard work surely you could achieve astonishing results.
Best resources for preparation
- Exam content outlines describe the knowledge required to learn the certification. It is available with HRCI certifications.
- HRCI practice exams are a great way for the preparation; these exams give instant feedback about your strength and weakness. HRCI practice tests also give you situational questions for best practices.
- HRCI has provided with a great package, bundles with all the necessary [packages to save money and time for the preparation. The package can be used to a great benefit for the user.
- The study tips are a great companion when building a study plan. There are a number of study tips and advice one can follow for making the plan for PHR certification.
- HRCI certification preparation provider’s directory is also a great help for the candidates as you can search for the courses that are available within your budget
- For the HR professionals, A Guide to the Human Resource Body of Knowledge (HRBoK) outlines the best practices for HR professionals; it is an excellent handbook which outlines the scope of human management. No doubt this will help every candidate who is willing to give PHR certification.
- One can become an experienced HRCI instructor
- Ability to understand behavior competency
- Certification helps you with ideas which can be applied to the current organization
- It optimizes effectiveness and competencies
- Inspire the HR staff to pursue leadership roles and provide strategic direction to the organization
- Certifies the mastery in operational and technical aspects of HR
HRCI certifications certify the commitments and mastery of the objectives of Human resource principles and best practices. This certification is valued all around the world and in every leading organization. The certification no doubts demand strict professional requirements but it attest a great name and put you one step ahead in the HR career. I have personally given PHR exam with months of preparation. The preparation was strict and I stuck with objectives and followed most of preparations materials available.
After clearing this exam, I was greatly valued in the organization and now I could prepare better strategies and apply them. Also to add you have to do the recertification every three years thus you have to be current in HR profession. I hope you clear this exam with full zeal and wish you good luck.