This 55-Yr-Old Homeless Man Powers All His Devices By Tapping Into Street Light Poles (Photos)

Forum 6 years ago

This 55-Yr-Old Homeless Man Powers All His Devices By Tapping Into Street Light Poles (Photos)

“After 27 years of being homeless, the city is my den, my living room, my bathroom, my everything" these are the words of Guy Ritchiea 55 years old homeless man in New York.

Ritchie says he's learnt to spot a pole with an outlet installed in its base, and he’s found about a dozen of them on his daily route around Manhatta with which he powers his devices.

He also claimed he wasn’t doing anything wrong by siphoning off the city’s power,'I don’t open the things. I do realize that legality. It’s one thing for it to be open and I use it. But if I open it up? That’s breaking and entering'.

With his portable digital TV set propped against a light pole, Ritchie says his favorite shows include old classics such as “Dragnet,” “Laugh-In” and “The Burns and Allen Show,” adding, “What can I say? I’m a Cold War kid.”

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City