The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Arrested South African Woman For Smuggling N71m Into Nigeria

Forum 9 years ago

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Arrested South African Woman For Smuggling N71m Into Nigeria

A 39-year-old South African, Nosisi Nqgula, has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for allegedly smuggling foreign currencies worth about N71.7m to Nigeria.
[ads4]

It was learnt that the suspect was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos with $373,725 and €2,120 concealed inside packs of oats.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the discovery was made during an inward screening of passengers on a South African airline flight enroute from Johannesburg.

The agency said two Nigerians ? Damian Akamelu and Prophet Cyprian Chigere ? were also being interrogated in connection with the seizure.

Nqgula said she was sent by a Nigerian to deliver the money to one Akamelu.

“I live in Johannesburg. I was given a bag by a Nigerian to deliver to Damian Akamelu,”she said.

The NDLEA Commander at the airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, said, “The mode of concealment presents reasonable grounds for money laundering.

“Five packs of oats were found to contain $373,725 and €2,120. Two Nigerians are also being interrogated.”

The NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, commended the officers for the seizure.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 1 hour ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer

DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post
Forum | 1 hour ago

DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 1 hour ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries