South Africa Sentences 2 Nigerians To Life Imprisonment For Human Trafficking

Forum 5 years ago

South Africa Sentences 2 Nigerians To Life Imprisonment For Human Trafficking

The National Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, Lieutenant General Godfrey Lebeya has welcomed the South Gauteng High Court three life sentences plus additional hundred and six (106) years imprisonment to two Nigerian nationals for human trafficking on Friday in Johannesburg. .

The pair Frank Amaku (26), and Ilo Promise Somadina (25), were arrested by the Hawks' Serious Organised Crime investigating unit in April 2016 at a hideous dwelling in Fourways where they ran a brothel and held victims captive. .

Five victims were rescued during the operation and taken to a place of safety. .

Amaku was sentenced to two life plus fifty-three years direct imprisonment and Ilo Promise Somadina (25), was sentenced to life plus additional fifty-three years direct imprisonment on counts of human trafficking, kidnapping, rape, exploitation, and running a brothel respectively. The pair were convicted in July 2018.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 6 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 1 week ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 1 week ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date
Forum | 1 week ago

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date