Song theft: I have not settled my fights with 2face, Wizkid – Blackface insists

Forum 7 years ago

Song theft: I have not settled my fights with 2face, Wizkid – Blackface insists

Dancehall act and a former member of the singing trio, Plantashun Boyz, Ahmedu Augustine, popularly known as Blackface has disclosed that his song theft rift with former band mate, 2face and songster, Wizkid has not been settled yet.
It would be recalled that Blackface, had slammed 2face for allegedly stealing his song (Somebody Loves You) and had threatened to sue him.
According to the ‘Erima crooner’, he was out there in the wilderness and 2Baba never called because he wanted him dead so that he (2face) could take his ‘properties.’

Blackface had also accused Wizkid of copying many of his songs but he decided to keep quiet just to let peace reign.

The Benue State-born raga songster had called on the hip-hop artiste to ‘stop stealing’ his songs.

Blackface stated that he wrote the songs and therefore deserves to get the credit and royalties from them.

In a chat with Vanguard, Blackface said, “I don’t want to talk about those allegations anymore, though they are not yet settled.

“Copyright will take care of itself at the right time. I’m not worried about issues right now.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue
Forum | 1 hour ago

N/Assembly Caucus Insists On Akume As APC Leader In Benue

Detectives Launch Manhunt For BDC Operator Over Theft Of $737,000
Forum | 5 days ago

Detectives Launch Manhunt For BDC Operator Over Theft Of $737,000

Hotel Owner And Military Personnel ‘Torture Staff To Death’ Over Phone Theft In Imo
Forum | 1 week ago

Hotel Owner And Military Personnel ‘Torture Staff To Death’ Over Phone Theft In Imo

Police React To Rise In Phone Theft Cases In Lagos
Forum | 1 week ago

Police React To Rise In Phone Theft Cases In Lagos