Smart Work Will Get You To The Top - Landmark University Best Graduating Student

Forum 7 years ago

Smart Work Will Get You To The Top - Landmark University Best Graduating Student

Oyetunji Olumuyiwa Oyeleke, the 2016 overall best student of Landmark University (LMU), Omu-Aran, Kwara State has disclosed that his academic success was made possible by the fact that he took his studies serious right from the first day and adopting a "smart work" approach to all he did.

The 21-year old graduated Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.90 from the Department of Mechanical Engineering.

In his valedictorian speech during the convocation ceremony, he said said, “Smart work, instead of the usual hard work is what one needs to get to the top. Most students think it’s only when examination approaches that reading should commence. For me, everything I read, I make efforts to understand immediately, so that whenever the lecturer asks any question, I will respond smartly. So, overall, I don’t read to pass examination; I read to understand, and my preparation starts from the very first day the semester kicks off. I do not wait until a test or examination is approaching.”

He equally noted the importance of drawing a line between learning, leisure, self-development and other such activities, in order to create balance.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 2 days ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student
Forum | 2 days ago

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men
Forum | 5 days ago

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men