Shocking Story: My Desperation Cost me over #40,000 - Ifedibia Oluchi Anne

Forum 7 years ago

Shocking Story: My Desperation Cost me over #40,000 - Ifedibia Oluchi Anne

A facebook User by name ifedibia Oluchi Anne, shares shocking story on facebook, ofcourse many young girls and perceived slay queens will learn from this, read below to enjoy!

(A tale of modelling and ushering)

I had just gotten admission to Uniport and I wanted to make ends meet. Don't get me wrong, my parents were doing the best they could to cater for I and my siblings but I wanted more.

I wanted to be like other girls. The ones that had long weaves and changed their clothes often. I wanted to slay. I became desperate and greed clouded my judgement.

Modelling and ushering were the most prominent work for girls at that time ( some people still think it is) so I started looking for agencies to sign up to. I went as far as looking up agencies online and sending my pictures to random people who claimed to run agencies.

I would spare you the intricate details for today and keep it brief. Most of the agencies I had signed up to were fraudulent but I was too blind to see the telltale signs. I ended up paying a lot of money for registration forms without getting any jobs.

Most of the people I had paid to ended up deleting me off their bbm, what's app and facebook after confirming payment.

The one incident I won't forget was the one that happened two years ago. The guy running the agency had told me that the job was to hold at Civic Centre Portharcourt and I had to pay 7k for registration. I was skeptical at first but I desperately needed money. I paid into his account and he confirmed the payment.

The next day, I called him and he told me to start coming down to Civic Centre. I boarded a bus with a huge smile on my face (that was going to be my first ushering job)

When we got to Rumola, I decided to send him a message on BBM and that was when I realised that he blocked me. My heart raced and I kept trying to calm my nerves. I called him and his phone was switched off. I came down at Rumola and entered a taxi going back to Choba. As we drove, tears ran down my cheeks. I had been scammed again.

I admit I was desperate. I really wanted to make something off my life at a young age. I thought it was just me being ambitious but I have realized that it was nothing but Desperation.

Being ambitious is a good thing. Desperation will ruin you. If you ever find yourself in a situation where someone keeps rushing you to make a hasty decision, kindly back down as nothing good ever comes out of it.

I have learnt that scammers will give you an
an unbelievable offer and a limited time to accept that offer.

Most modelling and ushering jobs in Nigeria today are nothing but scams. The legit ones slave their models/ushers and pay them peanuts because they know so many girls are waiting to jump on anything they offer.

This story was inspired by the lady who sent me a message on Facebook not quite long. She wanted me to sign up to her agency but I can identify scam from miles away and believe me when I tell you, she was nothing short of that.

Let us know if you have had any troubles whatsoever as a result of being desperate!

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Shocking Moment 80-Year-Old Nun Was Seen Wheeling The Dead Body Of A Fellow Sister Into A Suitcase
Forum | 2 days ago

Shocking Moment 80-Year-Old Nun Was Seen Wheeling The Dead Body Of A Fellow Sister Into A Suitcase

Lagos-Calabar Project: Why Wait Till Friday to Reveal Cost – Atiku Tackles Tinubu Govt
Forum | 5 days ago

Lagos-Calabar Project: Why Wait Till Friday to Reveal Cost – Atiku Tackles Tinubu Govt

Biography & Career Of Anne Celeste
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Biography & Career Of Anne Celeste

EPL: ‘He’s walking’ – Schmeichel names player who cost Man Utd 1-1 draw against Brentford
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: ‘He’s walking’ – Schmeichel names player who cost Man Utd 1-1 draw against Brentford