See Why Iyanya Dumped MMMG Records For Mavins

Forum 7 years ago

See Why Iyanya Dumped MMMG Records For Mavins

The popular Nigerian singer, Iyanya, has come out to say a word or two about his entrance into Mavins records. According to him, his first track release via the label will drop soon. Anticipation is high already. Making mention of his reason for joining Mavins, Inyanya said he needed someone who knows much about the music industry and can helpme realize that dream he’d always had.Speaking about the label he proposed starting, the Akwa Ibom Son said:“Honestly, it’s not hard for me to set up my own label. It costs about 120,000 to register a label. But my brand alone demands a lot of attentionand the truth is that I actually started alabel. Like, I started the movement but I didn’t even see anybody that I could trust on that level because the future and what I want to achieve is way beyond putting 10 people together and moving around with branded T-shirts, which is what everybody wants you to do. I thought about it anddecided I need something stronger.”Further speaking, he said;“I need to concentrate on this music because you can own a label without making good music. Starting a label also meant that I’ll be in charge of my music, logistics and everything. It’s too stressful and I don’t think I’m ready for that. So the best option was Don Jazzy because from our studio session for ‘Gift’ last year, we knew ourworking together was always smooth and productive. So we just made it official.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Did Sub For Him, He Used It To Break Up With Me – Lady Chooses Hypo Over Boyfriend Who Dumped Her
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Did Sub For Him, He Used It To Break Up With Me – Lady Chooses Hypo Over Boyfriend Who Dumped Her

Road House Remake Viewership Breaks Records on Prime Video
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Road House Remake Viewership Breaks Records on Prime Video

The First Thing I Noticed Was Her Eyes, Not Her Shape – Iyanya Recounts How He Met Lady at Davido’s Concert
Forum | 1 month ago

The First Thing I Noticed Was Her Eyes, Not Her Shape – Iyanya Recounts How He Met Lady at Davido’s Concert

I Brought Iyanya To Lagos And Accommodated Him For Years – Kcee Opens Up
Forum | 2 months ago

I Brought Iyanya To Lagos And Accommodated Him For Years – Kcee Opens Up