See Why Dangote Want To Buy Arsenal Football Club

Forum 8 years ago

See Why Dangote Want To Buy Arsenal Football Club

We have many football clubs here in Nigeria without cash to pay players. How can the ever grow?

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, has said he still wants to buy Arsenal despite failing in a 2010 bid to acquire a stake in the club.

The Nigerian billionaire is now worth nearly eight times as much as when he tried to buy into the Gunners, and he has not given up on his dream of getting involved with the popular London club.

In his words: “I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team. I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy."

58-yrs-old Dangote, who is a passionate Gunner, told Bloomberg, “We have $16b-worth of investments in the next few years. Right now I want to take my own business to a certain level.
Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe [I will go for Arsenal].”

[ads4]
Interestingly, Dangote has publicly stated that Arsene Wenger “needs to change his style a bit,” claiming the team “need new direction.”

Dangote – valued at over US$15billion – is worth more than both Arsenal majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and Uzbek Billionaire Alisher Usmanov, who have been fighting for control at the Emirates.

Will the majority owner, Kroenke, be willing to sell Arsenal to Dangote? Time will tell.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Don’t Want To Be a Godfather – El Rufai
Forum | 3 days ago

I Don’t Want To Be a Godfather – El Rufai

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race